As a condition of your use of YoungPlanet (including YoungPlanet and its related websites, services, applications and tools) you agree that you will not:
· violate any laws;
· violate the Posting Rules;
· post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material;
· post or otherwise communicate any false or misleading material or message of any kind;
· infringe any third-party right;
· distribute spam, chain letters, or promote pyramid schemes;
· distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm YoungPlanet or the interests or property of YoungPlanet users;
· impose or contribute to imposing an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of YoungPlanet;
· copy, modify, or distribute any other person's content without their consent;
· use any robot spider, scraper or other automated means to access YoungPlanet and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
· harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
· copy, modify or distribute rights or content from the YoungPlanet site, services, applications or tools or YoungPlanet's copyrights and trademarks;
· harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent
· bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to YoungPlanet;
· sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties.
YoungPlanet and the YoungPlanet community work together to keep the YoungPlanet websites, services, applications and tools working properly and the community safe. Please report problems, offensive content and policy breaches to us using the reporting system.
Without limiting other remedies, we may issue warnings, limit or terminate our service, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off YoungPlanet if we think that they are creating problems, infringing the rights of third parties or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies (including, without limitation, circumventing temporary or permanent suspensions or harassing the YoungPlanet employees or other users). However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off YoungPlanet or not, we do not have any obligation to monitor the information transmitted or stored on our sites, services, applications and tools and we do not accept any liability for unauthorized or unlawful content on YoungPlanet or use of YoungPlanet by users.
YoungPlanet contains content from us, you, and other users. YoungPlanet is protected by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or via YoungPlanet is protected as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws and international conventions. You agree not to copy, distribute or modify content from YoungPlanet without our express written consent. You may not disassemble or decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in YoungPlanet.
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any purposes any aspect of YoungPlanet (other than your own content). When you give us content, you grant us and represent that you have the right to grant us, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all copyright, publicity, trademarks, design, database and intellectual property rights to that content, in any media whether now known or to be discovered in the future and on all other sites, services, applications and tools that are part of the global YoungPlanet community. In addition, you waive all moral rights you have in the content to the fullest extent permitted by law.
YoungPlanet may at times use third party data suppliers to supplement the information you have provided. This could include descriptions, product specifications and other content. The information provided may be subject to copyright, trademark and/or other protections. You agree not to remove any such protected information and/or create any derivative works based on the content. This permission is subject to modification or revocation at any time at YoungPlanet's sole discretion.
Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright, design and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). A large number of products of all sorts are offered on YoungPlanet by private individuals in the UK. Entitled parties, in particular owners of copyright, trademark rights or other rights can report any advertisement which may infringe on their rights, and submit a request for such advertisement to be removed. If a legal representative of the entitled party reports this to us in the correct manner, products infringing on the intellectual property rights will be removed by YoungPlanet.
Reporting an infringement:
In order to participate in the Notice of Infringement Programme, you only need to send notice of infringement to YoungPlanet. You can use the contact form to report advertisements which may infringe on your property rights. We may then request further information to ensure that the parties reporting these objects are either the entitled party or their officially authorized representative. This information must also enable YoungPlanet to identify the advertisement to be removed. Once we have received all information necessary to identify you as the entitled party or their authorized representative, you can simply send later reports to YoungPlanet via the e-mail address provided.
Note: This form can only be used by the lawful owners of the relevant intellectual property rights. The "Notice of Infringement" is intended to enable rights owners to ensure that products offered by YoungPlanet users do not infringe their copyright, trademark rights or other intellectual property rights. For all other questions, visitors can get help using YoungPlanet Help.
Nothing in these terms shall limit our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do.
We do not review users' postings and are not involved in the actual exchanges between users. As most of the content on YoungPlanet comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what's offered.
In no event do we accept liability of any description for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.
You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee continuous, error-free or secure access to our services or that defects in the service will be corrected. While we will use reasonable efforts to maintain an uninterrupted service, we cannot guarantee this and we do not give any promises or warranties (whether express or implied) about the operation and availability of our sites, services, applications or tools.
Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of, or inability to use YoungPlanet, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you. Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) 100 Pounds Sterling.
If you have a dispute with one or more YoungPlanet users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
A person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this User Agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party specified in this Agreement or which exists or is available apart from that Act.
By using YoungPlanet, you agree to the collection, transfer, storage and use of your personal information by YoungPlanet on servers located in the United Kingdom and elsewhere in the world where our data centres are located. You also agree to receive marketing communications from us unless you tell us that you prefer not receive such communications.
You are contracting with YoungPlanet (the data controller) which is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with our global privacy standards as well as applicable national laws. YoungPlanet may transfer your personal information to third party processors in other countries including other members of the YoungPlanet corporate family as described in this Privacy Notice. We may process and retain your personal information on our servers in the UK and elsewhere in the world where our data centres are located.
"Personal information" is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that YoungPlanet has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
We collect, process, and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
· Any identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
· Information you provide during an exchange, or other exchange-based content that you generate or is connected to your account as a result of an exchange you are involved in.
· Other content that you may generate, or that is connected to your account and your use of our website including your use of the following website functions: My YoungPlanet (Manage my posts, Messages, Favourites, Saved Searches, My Favourites, My Details, Create Account), Post an Item or the Help section.
· You may also provide us with your information by submitting a web form, updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
· Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
· We also collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from the devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our Services, register for an account with us, provide information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services. This information includes the following: device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
· Geo-location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device's 'Settings' menu.
· Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
· We may supplement the personal information we collect with information from third parties and add it to your account information including but not limited to demographic information that is publicly available, additional contact information, credit check information, and information from credit bureaus, as allowed by applicable national laws.
· We may allow you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may give us automatically access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you, and information about the advertisements you have been shown or may have clicked on, etc.). If you provide us with access to any site with video content, then you agree that we may share your video viewing with, or obtain information about your video viewing from, third-party social media sites for at least two years or until you withdraw consent. You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to your personal information retained by the respective social media site about you. By associating an account managed by a social media site with your account and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we may collect, use and retain the information provided by these social media sites in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
· If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with their explicit and prior consent. You have to inform them how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their personal information according to our Privacy Notice.
We use the personal information we collect to: provide and improve our Services, provide you with a personalized experience on our sites (especially, by offering you services and items that you may like), contact you about your account and our Services, provide you with customer service, provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
We use the personal information we collect to: provide and improve our Services, to provide you with a personalized experience on our sites (especially, by offering you services and items that you may like), to contact you about your account and our Services, to provide you customer service, to provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities. We may use and retain your personal information as follows:
· Provide access to and use of our Services.
· Offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like.
· Keep track of your Saved Searches, Favourites and to manage your posts.
· Give you access to your internal messages and other features.
· Provide you with credit offers and opportunities on behalf of other members of our YoungPlanet corporate family and their financial institution partners.
· Customize, measure, and improve our Services.
· Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
· We may use geo-location information to provide you with location based services (such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content).
· Contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
· Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising based on your advertising customization preferences.
· Contact you, either via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail in order to: offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, and inform you about our Services and those of our YoungPlanet corporate family. We will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by e-mail, SMS text and/or telephone if you have consented to such contact. Message and data rates may apply.
· Deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
· Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
You have a choice about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
You can control the methods by which we may contact you in My YoungPlanet. There, you can also change your password or update your cv.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe using the link in the email you receive, change your marketing preferences in My YoungPlanet, or indicate your communication preferences in a direct communication to us by contacting Customer Support.
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement, or directly at our AdChoice program. The effect of an opt-out will be to stop personalized advertising, but it will still allow the collection of information for certain purposes such as usage, research, analytics and internal online services operation purposes). In addition to that, we do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes without your consent.
When you sign into your account on our Services, we may give you the option to stay signed in to your account for a certain period of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you not to choose to stay signed in. You or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed in period without any further authorization. The specific actions and account activities that you or any other user of this computer/browser may take include:
· Listing or enquiring about an post
· Manage your posts
· View My YoungPlanet page
· View my Favourites
· View the profile page
· Send member-to-member messages
If you attempt to change your password, update any other account information or attempt other account activity beyond those listed above, you will be asked to enter your password.
You can typically end your signed in session by either signing out and/or clearing your cookies. If you have certain browser privacy settings enabled, simply closing your browser may also end your signed in session. If you are using a public or shared computer you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using our Services in order to protect your account and your personal information.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access and make corrections to it.
Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws.
You can update or correct your personal information on your own YoungPlanet account or if you do not have a YoungPlanet account, you may request that we correct or update your information at email@example.com.
You can request a copy of the personal information that YoungPlanet holds about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know if any fees apply. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws, but will give you reasons if we do so.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties and for the following purposes.
· Provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions, and customer support).
· Provide you personalized advertising.
· Guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, services, tools, and marketing communications. Members of our YoungPlanet corporate family will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have consented to receive such communications from them.
· Third party financial institution partners who may offer financial products to you, for them to provide joint content and services (such as, registration, transactions and customer support). These third party financial institution partners will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.
· To law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, address, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history.
· To participants of our brand infringement program as we in our sole discretion deem necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we may disclose contact details including seller's name, street address, city, postcode, country, phone number, email address and company name to participants of our brand infringement program.
· To credit agencies or bureaus as authorized by applicable national laws (e.g. information on late or missed payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report or file).
· To third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
We may transfer your information to data processors outside the European Economic Area in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations. In some of these countries, the privacy and data protection laws may differ from those in the country where you live.
If we were to merge with or be acquired by another company, we may share information with them in accordance with our global privacy standards. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this Privacy Notice with respect to your personal information. If your personal information will be collected, used, disclosed, or retained for any purposes not covered in this Privacy Notice, you will receive prior notification of the processing of your personal information for the new purposes.
We protect your information using appropriate technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
If you believe your account has been abused, please contact email@example.com
There are just a few more pieces of important privacy information related to your use of our Services that we need to cover:
Other users may have access to the information you share on YoungPlanet including feedback, ratings and associated comments and any information you chose to share in your profile or your collections.
Your User ID is displayed throughout YoungPlanet and is available to the public. It is connected to all of your YoungPlanet activity. Notices sent to other users about suspicious activity and notice violations on our sites refer to User IDs and specific items. So if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your YoungPlanet activities.
To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact, shipping and financial information as necessary to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. However, when users are involved in a transaction, they have access to each other's name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information.
When you are in a transaction with another user we may provide you with the personal information of the other user (such as his/her name, account ID) to complete the transaction. We encourage you to inform the other user about your privacy practices and respect his/her privacy. In all cases, you must give the other user a chance to remove himself/herself from your database and give him/her a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
Our websites are general audience websites, and our Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users in this age group.
This Privacy Notice addresses only the use and disclosure of personal information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others, or if you are directed to a third party website, their privacy notices and practices will apply.
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. This is true even where the third parties to whom you disclose personal information are bidders, buyers or sellers on our sites.
If you have a question or a complaint about this Privacy Notice or YoungPlanet's global privacy standards or information handling practices, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will try to provide a prompt response to your complaint. If you do not think our response is satisfactory, contact your privacy regulator. For any other questions or complaints please contact email@example.com.
If a dispute arises between you and YoungPlanet, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by going to the YoungPlanet Help page. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
These terms and the other policies posted on YoungPlanet constitute the entire agreement between YoungPlanet and you, superseding any prior agreements. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against YoungPlanet Limited must be resolved by the courts of England and Wales. You and YoungPlanet both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts; for claims falling within the jurisdiction of a County Court, you and YoungPlanet both agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the County Court of Wandsworth.
If we don't enforce any particular provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later. If a court strikes down any of these terms, the remaining terms will survive. We may automatically assign this agreement in our sole discretion in accordance with the notice provision below.
Except for notices relating to illegal or infringing content, your notices to us must be sent by registered mail to YoungPlanet Limited, Lydmore House, St Anns Fort, Kings Lynn, Norfolk PE30 2EU. We will send notices to you via the email address you provide, or by registered mail. Notices sent by registered mail will be deemed received five days following the date of mailing.
We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next post or 30 days after we post the updated policy on the YoungPlanet website, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by users and by us.
For any help with using YoungPlanet please see the YoungPlanet Help page.
Application Use. YoungPlanet grants you the right to use the Application only for your personal use. You must comply with all applicable laws and third party terms of agreement when using the Application (e.g. your wireless data service agreement). The Application may not contain the same functionality available on the YoungPlanet website. Your download and use of the Application is at your own discretion and risk, and you are solely responsible for any damages to your hardware device(s) or loss of data that results from the download or use of the Application.
Intellectual Property - Applications. YoungPlanet owns, or is the licensee to, all right, title, and interest in and to its Applications, including all rights under patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, and any and all other proprietary rights, including all applications, renewals, extensions, and restorations thereof. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any Application and you will not remove, obscure, or alter YoungPlanet's copyright notice, trademarks or other proprietary rights notices affixed to, contained within, or accessed in conjunction with or by any YoungPlanet Application.
Prohibited Countries Policy and Foreign Trade Regulation - Applications. YoungPlanet Applications or their underlying technology may not be downloaded to or exported or re-exported: (a) into (or to a resident or national of) Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iraq, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any other country subject to United States embargo; (b) to anyone on the US Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or on the US Commerce Department's Denied Party or Entity List; and (c) to any prohibited country, person, end-user, or entity specified by US Export Laws. When using an Kijiji Application, you are responsible for complying with trade regulations and both foreign and domestic laws (e.g., you are not located in a country that is subject to a US Government embargo, or that has been designated by the US Government as a "terrorist supporting" country, and you are not listed on any US Government list of prohibited or restricted parties).
Additional Terms. Additional terms and conditions that apply to you based on the mobile device the Application is installed on:
iOS - Apple
2. YoungPlanet grants you the right to use the Application only on an iOS product that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service.
3. Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application.
4. Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement, and discharge of any third party intellectual property infringement claim.
5. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the Application or your possession and/or use of the Application, including but not limited to: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
6. In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price, if applicable, for the Application to you; and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Application.